Last information for breeder and vendors 2021
In just a few days the Derby Auction will take place! Therefore we are sending you the most important information.
Please note that the following original certificates of origin and health must be presented by each horse on arrival:
- for horses of domestic origin, an official veterinary certificate (Annex 1); the certificate must not be older than 10 (in words “ten”) days, i.e. dated 11 August 2021 at the earliest; the certificate will be issued by the veterinary authority responsible for the animal’s place of origin.
- in the case of horses from other EU Member States, a health certificate in accordance with Annex II of Directive 2009/156/EC; this official veterinary certificate (Annex 2 or Annex 3) must not be older than 10 (in words “ten”) days, i.e. dated 11 August 2021 at the earliest; the certificate is issued by the veterinary authority responsible for the place of origin of the animals. The competent authority must also notify the movement of the horses electronically via TRACES.
If you have any questions regarding the official veterinary certificates or the health attestation, please contact your competent veterinary authority. The responsible local supervisory authority in Berlin is the Tempelhof-Schöneberg district office, Ordnungsamt — Fachbereich Veterinär- und Lebensmittelaufsicht, 10820 Berlin (postal address), e‑mail: email@example.com, Tel.: 030 — 90277 — 7371.
Please note that the following documents must be presented by each horse on arrival:
- Foal certificate in the original
- Equine passport in the original
- Change of ownership notification signed and in the original
We may not and will not accept the horse:
- if not all required documents are available or
- the health condition of the horse precludes its inclusion in the auction lot.
When and where do the horses have to arrive at the event site?
- The box tents are located near the HVT in the stable area of the trotting track Berlin-Mariendorf.
- The boxes will be available from 10:00 a.m. on Friday, 20th August 2021.
- All horses offered must be stabled in the boxes in the box tent by 8:30 a.m. on the day of the auction (August 21) at the latest, as the inspection by the Veterinary Office Berlin Tempelhof-Schöneberg is to be expected from approx. 9:00 a.m. onwards.
- Concentrated feed, feed troughs, horse halters, grooming equipment etc. must be brought by the vendor. Hay and straw / chaff will be provided by us.
- We will provide a ring lock with a key for each stall (the duplicate key remains with the organiser). You will receive these at the auction office near the box tents when registering the horses. We expressly point out to always lock the boxes if they cannot be supervised by the vendor. It must be ensured that no horse can leave its box without authorisation.
Please bear in mind that in hot weather the horses should only be moved in the early hours of the morning — or better still at night.
We wish you a good journey and the success you hope for!